Asking Questions—A Discovery Approach details the importance of engagement.
The DVD features a powerful strategy that camp staff can use to ask effective
questions that will engage campers in their outdoor education or summer camp
program. The strategy is designed to make learning more relevant for every child.
Not only can the strategy be implemented immediately, it also reaches to the core
of effective learning.
Among the topics covered:
• Body of research
• Asking a question and expecting a chorale response
• Ask a question, wait, and then name
• Build community
• Eliminate raised hands
• Students are always on the hook
• Camps are part of the education spectrum
• The silver bullet
• Effectiveness vs. efficiency