Good Discipline: Understanding Difficult Behaviors and Turning Them Around provides an overview of teaching, coaching, and parenting techniques that can be used to help elicit positive changes in a child’s behavior. The DVD explains how to employ these time-tested, yet simple techniques to achieve targeted goals and specific behaviors. The DVD also features a series of tips and insights for dealing successfully with youth of all ages — from early childhood to elementary-school age to teenagers.
Among the topics covered:
• In discipline, it all begins with the vision
• Is your desired goal possible?
• Can this particular person accomplish this task?
• What does this particular person think about this event?
• Preserve self esteem
• Teach from natural, contextual consequences for rewards
• Do the same for punishments . . . they grow out of the context of the effort